Sunday, June 14, 2009

Here Is A Thought For Dairy Farmers!

What does Vermont's maple syrup business have in common with California's dairy operations? A self-inflicted lack of marketing desire. I went to Vermont two years ago all ready to learn about maple syrup down to the very last drop. To my disappointment...after I left the Welcome Center (at the state's border) the best I could come up with was an unimpressive roadside building where I found myself watching a video on a folding chair (I think there were 3 total) and looking forward to leaving. This is a new era and businesses have to be more than the intent of their original purpose. Sell your product, educate your consumers, and create a tourist trap! This is no time to think minimalistically. GOOD LUCK!

Note: If anyone has an idea to help our ailing economy or businesses...then spill it! WE THE PEOPLE are in this together!

May God bless America...and may America deserve it!
Zanne Booker 6-15-09