Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Tomorrow Is Thanksgiving 2008...American's Are Truly Blessed.

In spite of the depressing events around the globe, we can always find something to be thankful for in America. Every single day I see someone who is worse off than me physically, financially, or spiritually. If we see someone limping, at least he/she is walking. If we see someone in a wheelchair, at least they are getting out. You get the idea. Two years ago I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I'm a survivor! I don't look at the trivial things in life quite the same. This experience has lead me to loftier goals and focused me on things requiring a greater sense of urgency. Tomorrow, whether you are gathered around a turkey or a TV dinnner...take time to count your blessings, celebrate your achievements, set new goals, and make plans to be with someone over the upcoming holiday season. It can be with friends, family, or strangers you have chosen to "cheer up" in a hospital or nursing home setting. America is still a wonderful place to live, especially if everyone is doing their part continually. Happy Thanksgiving!

Note: Perform at least two acts of kindness every single day. Make sure one of them is for you.

May God bless America...and may America deserve it!

Zanne Booker 11-26-08