Friday, October 24, 2008

Bananas Glow Blue Under Black Light...Now Back To The Mania

I must admit I remember a simpler time when I would flip to trivial articles like the one I saw today, "Bananas Glow Blue Under Black Light" (Fox News), fascinated by the wonders in the world. Now, I hang on every word of "accurate" election polls, read unbiased news reports, and scrutinize my friends for signs of brain washing. Yes, even some of the most reasonable and learned individuals that enter my world weekly are getting squirrelly. I don't know if I am too stupid to be affected or just have faith in the moral majority (Both Democrat and Republican). As I have said before, there are many Joe Lieberman's out there who are tired of the liberal movement. Yes, this is a time for change, but the change needs to come in the form of a "new" party system. We could call it the Patriot Party! The Revolutionary War called for men and women to stand up for what was right and just. Did we think we would never need patriots again? A patriot, according to the online dictionary of Merriam-Webster, is one who loves his or her country and supports its authority and interests. Notice it does not say "special interest groups" with subversive agendas. I will offer one more definition via Merriam-Webster, and that is the word subversive. Subversive - a systematic attempt to overthrow or undermine a government or political system by persons working secretly from within...Back to the Patriot issue. We can be patriots by speaking the truth, voting for our future, and backing off of the defeatist attitudes. Your body language is your poker face. Go out there and instill confidence in your candidate...it's contagious.

Zanne Booker 10-25-08

Note: I know it is easier to let "the other guy" stand up for what is right; but, we are all "the other guy".