Friday, October 17, 2008

Greetings from North Carolina, a Battleground State

A family reunion brought me to one of the "Battleground States" for the 2008 Presidential election. Greetings from North Carolina! I plan on talking (and listening) to as many legally registered voters as I can and, perhaps, get some insight as to what it will take for a candidate to get their vote. I will even take my own poll to see who has the edge, why they lean one way or the other, what it will take to change their minds, and if they are going to "hold their ground" (not switch no matter what). As I previously mentioned, I have never been polled before so I may just be making someone's day. Of course I will have to reveal that my opinion poll will have no political clout. I will approach each potential informant with caution while treating them with the greatest of respect...and to the dessert of their choice from the reunion dinner table.

Zanne Booker 10-18-08

Note: The path of least resistance is all down hill; I hope America isn't heading in that direction.